What Kind Of Site have you got ??

Everything relating to affiliate programs and merchants.

Postby simplysport.co.nz » Wed 04 Apr, 2007 8:25 pm

lol that headline will be up in good time:) i might put this headline
"NZ win Rugby,Netball and Cricket World Cup all in One year!!! "
Hehe, well because of your nice comment i will look into the kiwitopside site :)
Join mine if you would like, still got room in the top 100 members before i do the draw for the IPOD NANO! :)
[URL=http://www.simplysport.co.nz/]New Zealands Newest Sports Community
Check it out today![/url]
simplysport.co.nz

Postby aceofwebs » Wed 30 May, 2007 9:48 pm

Hi,

I run an email autoresponder service ... based in NZ but we have clients all over the world. We offer sequential autoresponders, which means you can set up an unlimited number of follow-up emails to go out automatically at pre-determined intervals. All serious Internet marketers use autoresponders of this type.

I'm looking for good affiliates, by the way.

Chris

-----
Firebirdpro
www.firebirdpro.com
Powerful, affordable autoresponders to help small businesses sell more effectively online
aceofwebs

Best Place by the Fire

Postby BestPlacebytheFire » Sun 08 Jul, 2007 10:36 am

Hi all! I am a complete newbie at this forum :D
I have spent the last 8months building and trying to run our online business www.bestplacebythefire.com.
We have an affililate program which I am now putting together. And a drop ship program too. I also have a seperate website www.featheredfashions which is for our wholesale FlightSuits Bird Diapers, we have exclusive distributing rights to.
I think it is going rather well consitering I am still in the construction stages and when I started knew nothing about html or building a website!
Sandy from www.wss.co.nz has been my fairy godmother!
Anyway my goals for the site are to get a really unique range of products -sorta like a online mall.
Also we are working with a friend in China to add new products to my drop ship program so that normal NZ and Ausi's can make a bit of cash selling our goods and not paying to join sites that are "fake drop ship lists!" I will only be bringing unique and good quality products with full manufactuers warrenties in so if anyone would like to be kept informed on when it is all go PM me :D
I hope to learn a lot off these formums! Candace
BestPlacebytheFire

Postby Nzsingles » Tue 22 Jan, 2008 11:56 pm

Hi

Im completly new to this my site is just a simple personals site simple and plain at this point but when i get time will be upgraded.

Im new to all this so just keeping it simple for now

http://www.nzsingles.co.nz
Nzsingles

Postby ericdw » Tue 26 Feb, 2008 7:33 am

[quote="Nick"]I'm Nick. I own and operate shopping portals in the UK and US which I now operate from back here New Zealand. The first portal was launched in the UK in 1996 and we make a good living in a market where there is now an abundance of good merchants with professionally run Affiliate Programs. I won't admit to having a shopping portal here in NZ yet mainly because of severe shortage of having NZ merchants with decent Affiliate Programs to list on it.

Aside from that I am also an Online Marketing and Affiliate Marketing Consultant based here in Auckland.

Any merchants that are serious about operating an Affiliate Marketing Program on their site should PM me because we will offer you the use of a dedicated and professionally run Affiliate Marketing Network - and if you are serious about it I can arrange for you to use this facility with quite possibly no costs for first 6 months. I am making this offer simply because if you are serious about trying Affiliate Marketing - then you should at all costs avoid trying to set up a cheapie program on your own server. It will end up causing more hassle than it's worth - and in 98% of cases will bring you little or no results.

Looks like CNN (above) might have only been wanting to use this forum to grow his Backlinks :([/quote]
ericdw

Postby kiwifisher » Sat 26 Jul, 2008 10:41 pm

I have been tutoring web design for several years now and always had a site of web building resources for my students. Have recently evolved it lean strongly towards internet marketing resources as well and think I might tutor on internet marketing next year to. Does nayone think there would be much demand for that?
Fascinating industry for sure.
Your thoughts on www.insites.co.nz ?

Cheers
David
kiwifisher

Postby Nick » Sun 27 Jul, 2008 3:19 pm

kiwifisher,

You asked if there is a need for tutoring on internet marketing? - well for there to be a demand, people have got to understand exactly what it Internet Marketing is. In NZ, most have no idea! In fact most web designers don't even understand it.

Is there a need for it? - ABSOLUTELY! (But getting businesses to understand that this is essential knowledge, and then getting them to pay for it is another issue completely - and that is why I am not doing it.)

Most people think that a website is a solution. It's not. It's little more than a business card, or at best a shop window. What value is there having a business card if it sits in your pocket? Similarly what value is there in having a shop window if your potential customers don't know where your shops is and cannot find it?

A website is simply a marketing tool. If you don't know how to use that marketing tool effectively, then it is pretty much a waste of time having it.

That's why the majority of businesses make the mistake of getting a website built that looks wonderful, but then they end up whinging and moaning because it is not performing as they expected it to.
But then you contact them and ask them to pay you to correct the problem and they are not interested. Then again half the time that is because they have picked a kid straight out of university to take control of that website, and that kid knows little more than how to play games online. They don't know what internet marketing is, and they sure as hell aren't going to admit that because they'd be out of a job.

To put this in context let me ask you this. How many people have you ever heard of that drew up and documented an online marketing plan before they had their website built. Virtually none! So if that's the case how do you know what features you need to build into that website?

I am passionate about online marketing having been involved in it overseas since 1997-98. So if you want to PM me I'd be happy to discuss it with you further. But you better be aware first, the avaerage kiwi website frustrates the heck out of me.

And you asked for comments about the insites.co.nz website. My only comment is a question. Did you write an online marketing plan before you designed the site? I feel that maybe you should have.

The large amount of text, challenges the "boredom threshold" somewhat. I believe that you should have provided many more pages, each with it's own specific subject. In doing so you would have provided many more landing pages for the Search Engines to work with!

Hope that is of some help.

Regards,

Nick
Online and Affiliate Marketing Consultant
Auckland
http://www.zponlinepublishing.com
Nick

Postby kiwifisher » Sun 27 Jul, 2008 4:21 pm

Hi Nick.
Thanks for such a thought out reply on marketing and your feed back on my site.
With regards my site, I understand and agree that it has a lot of text and I would normally break it down into multiple pages. I haven't this time though mainly because it is primarily a resources/reference site that I use in my tutoring classes and it's quicker and easier to direct my (often computer illiterate)students to scroll up and down a single page than trying to get them all clicking back and forth between multiple pages at the same time. Still, excuses aside, you're right in saying it need further work and with time I will revamp it more appropriately.
As for the marketing in NZ issues, I'd pretty much agree with everything you said and the people I work with certainly glaze over when I say that building a site is the easy part.
I appreciate your comments and will keep them in mind if/when I put together internet market course notes.

Cheers

David
kiwifisher

My site(s)

Postby masterful » Fri 01 Aug, 2008 1:18 pm

To start with I have my Game Site at http://www.gamehouse.co.nz
It doesn't provide any revenue whatsoever at the moment I am working on removing any dead games and cleaning up the database. Once that is completed I'll be adding some more games and have every intention of hitting over 10,000 games by the end of the year.

My next site will be an online store starting out with giftware and possibly chidrens clothing and toys. Eventually expanding it many more items.
Domain will hopefully registered in the next week or two, and the site installed soon after. With a hopeful launch date sometime in September.
I plan to have an affiliate module in that however I am running into obstacles finding the appropriate software.

I also have several other sites in planning stages which will be rolled out over the next couple of years. I used to have a number of sites but sold them or wound them up over a year ago because I needed a break. It's now time to get back into it and find ways to make more money from home rather than a 9-5 as we are expecting a baby in December and I'd really like to be able to spend more time at home.
My Game Site
Game House
Constantly updated, over 10,000 non duplicate working games by 2009 is the aim!
masterful

You sound busy

Postby kiwifisher » Fri 01 Aug, 2008 8:46 pm

You sound like a busy person there masterful. Best of luck in your new site ventures and especially with a baby on the way...you'll be losing more sleep over that than any website you ever build, LOL.
Give it heaps.
kiwifisher

Postby lennonnz » Sat 30 Aug, 2008 4:15 pm

I have just started a new website 2 weeks ago. It is a video sharing website.. a little like youtube, but better for New Zealanders as it is based in NZ so is alot faster for people to view it (and the quality can be better)

I am looking for advertisers/content at the moment but saying that over the last 2 weeks I've had over 10,000 views of the videos (the counters down the bottom onyl started recently so they dont' say the real story and they will probably get removed in the near future as they slow down the website alot.

I have some exclusive content on the website and getting more soon. So if you are interested in placing ads on the website (videos ads are also available), but please only NZ websites/companies.. contact me and we can talk
lennonnz

Good looking site there Lennon

Postby kiwifisher » Sat 30 Aug, 2008 9:24 pm

Had a quick look at your site and it looks pretty good for an NZ effort. And 10000 views already...gota be happy with that!

I've also just launched another site though it's mainly aimed at the US market - http://www.OnDemandMentoring.com
and would love to have 10,100 visits, LOL.

Keep up the good work Lennon and best of luck.
kiwifisher

Postby Boris the SEO » Thu 08 Jan, 2009 4:17 pm

We have a variety of sites from house cleaning to SEO.
Boris the SEO

Yep you do need to do SEO

Postby wstaton » Fri 27 Mar, 2009 7:30 pm

Hi, glad to join the forum.

I am not a Kiwi but married to one.

I have a friend, Eric, who lives in Masterton. I am helping him out in developing a blog so that he can start marketing a new idea in New Zealand. He doesn't know much about affiliate or network marketing and I do. I built this blog for him to start learning and to help him along.

http://www.onlinelottery.co.nz

I have put adsense on it as well as the new clickbank related ads. I have put one affiliate site (http://productsfromnz.com/645) as well as a couple of links to NZ directories who have already linked back to it. (backinks are very important)

Been up for about a month and is already 12 in google search in NZ for the keyword (phrase) "online Lottery"

The guys who say you have to do your SEO are dead right. Selection of keywords are important not only whatever you put in your website but what you name your website. Notice that this one is named "onlinelottery" Not only that the additive keywords are important if you do a google search just for NZ with the keyword "lottery" you will find this site is 116 out of 82,000 sites and I haven't even started on the heavy SEO yet.

Another example is a blog I started, to help people with free information on Windows XP problems.

http://www.windowsxpslowstartup.how-do-you-do.info

Note the keyword phrase "windows xp slow startup".

I have been third in google search worldwide for this phrase out of 350,000 odd sites and get consistently for the past year 100 - 150 unique visitors a day.

Notice the aggregate keywords in the phrase.

windows xp
windows xp slow

with "windows xp slow" I am still in the top 10 (first page) of google out of 1,770,000 sites. (Actually #5 and #6) I have two entries.

This is the power of doing proper SEO. I only started 18 months ago knowing nothing and I learnt everything virtually for nothing which you can on the internet if you know where to go for the best advice.

So I hope I do well for Eric's blog and when it's on it's way I will hand it over to him.

Nice being here.

Wilf.
wstaton

Re: Yep you do need to do SEO

Postby lennonnz » Tue 31 Mar, 2009 6:49 pm

wstaton wrote:Hi, glad to join the forum.

I am not a Kiwi but married to one.

I have a friend, Eric, who lives in Masterton. I am helping him out in developing a blog so that he can start marketing a new idea in New Zealand. He doesn't know much about affiliate or network marketing and I do. I built this blog for him to start learning and to help him along.

http://www.onlinelottery.co.nz

I have put adsense on it as well as the new clickbank related ads. I have put one affiliate site (http://productsfromnz.com/645) as well as a couple of links to NZ directories who have already linked back to it. (backinks are very important)

Been up for about a month and is already 12 in google search in NZ for the keyword (phrase) "online Lottery"

The guys who say you have to do your SEO are dead right. Selection of keywords are important not only whatever you put in your website but what you name your website. Notice that this one is named "onlinelottery" Not only that the additive keywords are important if you do a google search just for NZ with the keyword "lottery" you will find this site is 116 out of 82,000 sites and I haven't even started on the heavy SEO yet.

Another example is a blog I started, to help people with free information on Windows XP problems.

http://www.windowsxpslowstartup.how-do-you-do.info

Note the keyword phrase "windows xp slow startup".

I have been third in google search worldwide for this phrase out of 350,000 odd sites and get consistently for the past year 100 - 150 unique visitors a day.

Notice the aggregate keywords in the phrase.

windows xp
windows xp slow

with "windows xp slow" I am still in the top 10 (first page) of google out of 1,770,000 sites. (Actually #5 and #6) I have two entries.

This is the power of doing proper SEO. I only started 18 months ago knowing nothing and I learnt everything virtually for nothing which you can on the internet if you know where to go for the best advice.

So I hope I do well for Eric's blog and when it's on it's way I will hand it over to him.

Nice being here.

Wilf.

If you didn't know.... Advertising overseas gambling is illegal in NZ and comes with heafty fines.. be warned if you are trying to do it.. looking at the contents of your website you _are_ advertising/condoning gambling so this overseas website
lennonnz

PreviousNext

Return to Affiliate Discussion