Rent-a-List

Everything relating to affiliate programs and merchants.

Rent-a-List

Postby Jackle32 » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 10:42 am

Hey everyone, i've just come accross a great tool for marketing affiliate links, its called rent-a-list and it lets you send out e-mails to target specific locations, age groups, genders and EVEN what there interested in!!
i'm about to set up a campain, will let you know how i get on.
Jackle32

Postby Nick » Tue 08 Aug, 2006 2:21 pm

Jackie, may I urge some caution on this.

In New Zealand things are still quite early days in respect of the Internet. Overseas, particularly in the UK and US, if you do not have specific permission to send somebody an email, you can be reported by the recipient to sites like SpamCop, which can result in you immediately being cut of by your ISP.

It's happened to me twice. If you want me to provide proof of this, I have a disc here which I purchased with over 25 million email addresses on it. I did my first email of just 10,000 and was cut of on the first day because of just 2 complaints.

Also, be aware of the quality of the recipients. There are affiliate programs out there, where you can sign up to be paid to receive and read emails. People that sign up have no intention of ever reading those emails, they are paid just to receive them and have no intention of ever buying anything.

Email is only really effective if an email list is compiled from people looking for a specfic product in a specific place. I am willing to bet that the majority of emails being offered here are coming out of the US, and would be of minimal value to anyone here in NZ unless you were looking to specifically target the US market.

I don't want to be a damp rag over this but I can tell you that being cut off by your ISP is no fun at all.
Online and Affiliate Marketing Consultant
Auckland
http://www.zponlinepublishing.com
Nick

Postby Jackle32 » Tue 08 Aug, 2006 4:41 pm

that seems a very valid point, perhaps you can offer some advice in the way of list building. i don't currently have a website (or a list) and would like tt create one. however i don't see a way to do this without a website? any suggestions?
Jackle32

Postby Nick » Fri 18 Aug, 2006 11:48 pm

Build a website with lots of valuable content. Give away part of it free. But if your visitors want access to the rest, you simply ask them to register with you. Then you can build your own email database. And it will have value.

That's just one way of doing it. It's all about using your imagination.
Online and Affiliate Marketing Consultant
Auckland
http://www.zponlinepublishing.com
Nick

Return to Affiliate Discussion