How to increase your ROI

Everything relating to affiliate programs and merchants.

How to increase your ROI

Postby Patch » Thu 05 Jan, 2006 1:10 pm

Hi there

I have about 200 people go to my site everyday and get about 1 or 2 sales a week on clickbank I was wondering how I can increase my ROI??
Patch

Postby maz » Sun 08 Jan, 2006 7:36 am

A simple way would be to send the people to two different landing pages and track the conversions from each page, swapping out the lesser performing page once a month etc. This only works if you're keeping careful statistics on everything. Taguchi based testing might help speed things up, too - check out this website www.adcomparator.com
maz
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Wed 11 Jan, 2006 2:57 am

Over the last 5 years a conversion rate of 1% - 2%for Affiliates has generally been accepted as average, depending to some extent what you are selling.

Improving this conversion rate can often be a matter of targetting your market better. Where your traffic is coming from and how well qualified that traffic is, can make a huge difference. The quality of the presentation on your site will make a huge difference to conversion rates as will how accessible the product is to the purchaser. For example if a potential customer has to click six times from the page they land on to find the product they want, then your conversion rate will be much lower than if it was prominently displayed on the page they land on. If you are a retailer then another major problem that effects the conversion rate is the ease of purchase - some shopping baskets are a crime.

There really can be so many factors involved. Particularly if you are a retailer, I advise many of my clients to get independant feedback on how someone else see's the site because so often sites are designed without really considering how the user see's the site.

Are you an Affiliate or are you a Retailer?
Online and Affiliate Marketing Consultant
Auckland
http://www.zponlinepublishing.com
Nick

Return to Affiliate Discussion