The difference between Google Adwords & Overture

Everything relating to affiliate programs and merchants.

The difference between Google Adwords & Overture

Postby Guest » Tue 08 Jun, 2004 5:14 pm

Can someone explain the difference between Google's Adwords and Overture. I understand Adwords fairly well, but not how Overture works.

Postby kiwitravel » Tue 08 Jun, 2004 10:44 pm

Both Adwords and Overture are quite similar, however I believe Adwords is superior because it allows you to get not only better reporting, but also because you can tailor keywords a little better than on Overture.

However, because Adwords is such a blazing success, I've found that more and more people are jumping into Adwords which might mean there's less competition at Overture which is a good thing for your expenditure. You might get less clicks through it, but they might cost a lot less than on Google.

The other main concern is that Overture doesn't have a Kiwi site as such, and hence you may need to jump on the back of the Australian site, or look at your market in the UK. This has more to do with their search partners though.

Hope this helps??
kiwitravel

What is Overture.com?

Postby Another Guest » Thu 10 Jun, 2004 6:36 pm

Is Overture just trying to be a great searching site like Google? I havn't heard of them much until I started looking at Google's Adwords.
Another Guest

Postby maz » Fri 18 Jun, 2004 2:57 am

Overture puts their results at different places, for example it might be MSN or Yahoo search. This represents a huge slice of the market, and shouldn't be overlooked.
maz
Site Admin

Return to Affiliate Discussion